Saturday, April 18, 2015

Life Lessons from the Ring: #4














A few weeks ago, I landed a hard clean upper cut on a sparring partner and gave him a bloody nose. All the guys gave me high fives and gold stars made me feel like I'm finally getting it.

In a quiet moment later in the evening, my main trainer took me aside and said, "You've done well, but, remember: it might be your blood on the ground next time."

It was a perfect reminder of the importance of humility; because there is always more to learn, and more that can be improved. I've learned that the best way to progress is to accept myself as I am, to be grateful for the things I'm good at, and practice and repeat over and over the things that are weak. A day at a time. I'm going to be better than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment